Sunday, February 22, 2009

Walking away

Well, since Desiree is posting about her ambitiousness, I thought I ought to at least mention that I am *not* going to be "running" the 1/2 marathon in June, I am planning on walking it. My knees are just not going to take the punishment.

That said, Audrey and I walk in the evenings to the walk at home videos several times a week and we love it. Audrey does circles (spinning to make herself dizzy) or makes me carry her - she is 3 1/2 so that is good exercise.

My general plan for walking the 1/2 Mara in June is to walk in the evenings at home until it gets nice, but then outside with the stroller. And then on the weekends try to do a longer walk each weekend to get my stamina up for 13.1 miles. Which, by the way, it seems absolutely crazy to walk/run that far unless you are a pioneer and have to, so I am not sure how Claire talked me into it.

No comments: