Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Calories and cake...

So my husband Nate is doing this 1500 calorie thing with me, and I started thinking why should I do it as a contest, I should just do this all the time. Then the other day Nate had a crazy day at work and just downed the treats, because he's not in the contest. I'm just like that, so I guess I need contests to keep me from giving in to the moment. Maybe one day I'll eat well just for the health of it, but for now I need outside motivation to keep going!

I saved up all day for a piece of my niece's birthday cake yesterday and it was soooo worth it. My family really likes birthday cakes from Schmidts Bakery and I was not going to miss out. I'm really glad we decided to go for calorie counting instead of no treats, because I don't think I would have lasted three weeks, let alone three months.

The exercise part of the contest might knock me out of the winners spot. Last week I managed the three times by sheer miracles of coincidence. This week I got one in this morning because my mom watched the kids for me so I could run to the gym. I haven't figured out how I'm going to weasel in the next two because Luke is too young for the gyms's day care.

My neighbor brought me some delicious banana bread today. I didn't realize until we started this how often I have fattening food that I just wolf down. I might have to continue this after we are all done. (And I might have to send the rest of the banana bread to work with Nate...it was so heavenly I don't think I could keep from sinning.)

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Holy cow! Look at my crazy friends go! J/K That's awesome. I'm impressed that you even have the time in the day to figure out how many calories you're eating. I'm lucky to eat lunch most days!
You go girls. wendi