Friday, June 22, 2007

Update

Well, I haven't written in a few days, so here's my update: I thought I used my 1800 calorie day on Wednesday, but when I actually added everything up, it was only 1473. Thursday my total was 1365 and today was 1210. So, I think I'm actually getting better at eating healthier foods. I've realized that with just the calorie counting, it doesn't ensure that I'm eating healthy. Sometimes I opt for a treat and a small dinner instead of just a good, healthy dinner. But, I think as the contest continues, that will become less frequent. And, really, the fact that I can have a treat once in a while (or every day) makes it so I probably will be able to maintain this diet in the long run. I'm glad that we're doing it for 3 months so that it will have more of a long term effect.
I'm at home now, so it will be interesting to see if it's more challenging to make the calorie limit everyday. I know it has been hard to get my exercise in since I've been out of my normal routines, so I think that part will be easier now that I'm home. I have managed to get 2 days exercise in so far this week, but that means I HAVE to workout tomorrow to get the points.
Next week should be interesting because I'm going to girl's camp. Again, I'll be away from home and out of my regular routines. Plus I'll be eating with and cooking for a big group, so I don't have much say in the things I'm eating. I'll have to really watch portion size on the meals that are higher in calories. Or maybe I'll have to bring a lot of fruit and other low-cal snacks in case some meals are impossible for me to eat. Plus, there will be an over abundance of candy and junk food, so I'll have to be really good to just stay away from all that. I won't be able to blog, but I'll keep a food journal while I'm there, so I can look up the calories when I get back. I just may lose points because I don't realize how many calories are in some things. Hopefully I'll be able to estimate well and stay under. And as far as exercise goes for next week, my plan is to exercise Monday before we leave and Saturday after I get back, then go on the 5 mile hike while I'm there. I guess if I'm motivated, I can get up early and jog up at camp. We'll see. I know there's a lake and stuff and that sounds really nice to get up and jog around it, but I'm sure sleeping will probably win out once I'm actually up there.
Oh, I was going to add that Desiree and I had some Healthy Choice meals on Thursday for lunch that were quite good. I don't remember the kind, but something with chicken. They were only 190 calories for the whole meal and they actually tasted quite good. And I also tried the Fudge Bars she wrote about earlier and they really are delicious. And for only 90 calories, they're a very satisfying treat.

No comments: